Travelling via train across India is always an entertaining option. Every journey, whether alone or with family always provide an unique experience to cherish. Here are 7 signs which will tell you are in a long distance Indian train. Enjoy with a pinch of salt.
1. There are no empty seats. Whatever the time of the year, whatever the coach, whether AC or non AC, you simply won’t find any empty seats.
2. Every other young person plays song on mobile using speakers. Earphones are a passé thing for the young public (especially in non- metros).
3. Passengers have more luggage than they can carry. Damn the “travel light” slogan. The space beneath the seats, as well as some parts of the corridor are always taken.
4. PANTRY coach a living HELL on rails. If you are misfortunate enough to get a seat beside the PANTRY coach, make sure to carry your own ventilators.
5. There is a fight taking place every hour somewhere in the coach for petty issues.
6. Trains never arrive at station on time. If they arrive, it’s always on the wrong station.
7. Sleeper coach is always filled with extra people without tickets or from unreserved quota. You either share your seats or be ready to fight for it.